Dubai has always topped the charts of the best places in the world for company setup. With excellent
infrastructural facilities, good connectivity, several avenues for growth, a pool of talented human
resources along with its geographically strategic location give Dubai a vantage point.
In fact, the Department of Economic Development or DED, the apex body for company formation in Dubai, encourages and eases the process of business formation.
There are two primary jurisdictions in Dubai – the Dubai mainland and the Free Zones, each offering its
own set of advantages. The location for business formation is largely dependent on the business
activities and the type of license. It is crucial to keep in mind that the mainland company formation laws
require you to have a local partner to have 51% of the equity with a few exceptions like:
- Activities with 100% GCC ownership
- Businesses located in the Free Zones
- GCC company formed in partnership with UAE citizen-instances where GCC companies (wholly owned) enter into a partnership with UAE national
- Where the law requires 100% local ownership
Dubai Mainland refers to the total geographical area where private businesses can operate, permitted
by the DED (Dubai Economic Department). Dubai Mainland offers lucrative opportunities for business
setups like restaurants, luxury goods and car manufacturers etc.
So, why should you invest in the Dubai Mainland?
There are many plus points to set up your business in the Dubai Mainland.
We have listed the top 10 advantages:
- 1. Zero tax: No corporate or personal tax
- 2. Trouble-free recruitment process with no limit on employment visa
- 3. Low import duty
- 4. Limited restrictions on a minimum capital requirement
5. No annual audits
- 6. No limitations on legal documents processing
- 7. No limitations on recruitment
- 8. Availability of office spaces with affordable and flexible rental and lease plans
- 9. Ease of getting affordable space with flexible rent or lease for office anywhere
- 10. Flexibility to conduct business anywhere in Dubai
These are the jurisdictions that allow company set up in Dubai Mainland:
1. Sheikh Zayed Road: The very lifeline of Dubai, the road is dotted with the well-known landmarks
that are synonymous with Dubai. It is also home to the most prominent business ventures and
top companies of the business realm.
2. Business Bay: Ideal for businesses in hospitality, financial, retail sectors, consultancies, Business
Bay provides you with the necessary infrastructure to get your company set up and running within a short span of time. The central business district in Dubai, it has several business setup centres.
3. Jumeirah: The premium sea-front area, Jumeirah has many residential complexes and exclusive,
high-end business development modules.
4. Al Karama, Bur Dubai, and Deira: These three areas are part of old Dubai and are famous for
the gold souk and historical spots. These areas also have real estate, residential buildings and
5. Al Quoz: A fast developing commercial hub of Dubai, Al Quoz provides you with warehouses and
other facilities for industrial set-ups within easy reach of Dubai. Divided into four main zones –
factories, industrial setups, warehouses and other locations, Al Quoz also has several shopping
centres, malls, and labour accommodation zones.
6. Al Qusais: The centre for education and medical institutes, Al Qusais also has many residential
areas and industrial zones as well.
So, are you ready to set your business in Dubai Mainland? Get in touch with registered company
formation agents to get you started.